MONDAY, OCTOBER 3 – SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23
Fasting is a season of sacrifice. When we fast we temporarily give up something—such as food, entertainment, or technology—in order to focus more on God. The Bible gives us several examples of fasting for a variety of reasons. At the heart of fasting, you’ll always find a person drawing nearer and becoming more dependent on God.
The Central Assembly family is encouraged to participate in our 21-Day Fast from October 3-23. Below you’ll find an outline of the types of fasts, our focus in this call to fasting, and resources to help you as you plan your fast. And remember, we’re all in this together!
TYPES OF FASTS
- Complete – only water and/or light juices
- Partial – remove selective items from your diet, such as sweets or meats
- Popular – “Daniel Fast” based upon the Old Testament Prophet Daniel
- Particular – giving up of entertainment, technology, etc.
FOCUS IN THIS CALL TO FASTING
- Our nation – need of repentance & unity/election season
- Our church – desire for a greater move of God’s Spirit/favor
- Our personal lives – to draw closer to God/life-change
- Our specific breakthroughs – believing God for the miraculous
FASTING HELPS & RESOURCES
- Search online or via the wealth of books/resources
- If interested in the “Daniel Fast,” find books/online resources
- Prayerfully commit to your planned fast; it will not be easy
- Draw strength from others; possibly “partner up” in your fast
- Remember this is NOT a diet for weight loss
- Search in Scripture for various occasions in which people fasted
- Add a 21-day devotional or specific Bible reading plan
- Expect God to RESPOND to your pursuit of Him!